Tuesday, September 20, 2016

9/16 Update: My Emilia

Wow.  It has been so so long since I've been active on here.  I suddenly feel somewhat alien to this blogging world... (momming has become a full-time job, folks)
But seriously, I just checked to see when my latest blog post was published and Emilia was just over 2 months old then!  What? 

To update, Emilia is nearing 6 MONTHS now.  Time is a thief, and I think when you are a parent that statement rings truer than ever.  Becoming a mother really is the greatest and most fulfilling thing that has ever happened to me.  On April 6th of 2016 my life suddenly felt like it had meaning.  I know that sounds strange, but really, there is no greater calling for a woman than to be a mother and bring her children up in God's Word.  Having a daughter has made me a better person and has filled a void that I never knew was missing.  Emilia is the very best part of me, and each new day that I am gifted I spend relishing in these so very precious moments that are far too short. 


At 24 weeks old, Emilia:

- is 14 lbs, 6 oz!
- has TWO teeth (and is cutting a third)
- squirms around on tummy-time (it won't be long before this girl is crawling!)
- growls at her picture books & toys
- has the cutest giggle in the world
- is captivated by flowers, bright lights and colors
- can do more push-ups than I can
- loves to scratch things
- randomly squeals at people when she is excited
- loves her feet and can stick them in her mouth
- still has the deepest, brightest blue eyes
- loves books
- is a brand representative/model for 5 baby clothing shops!
- is happiest in the bath tub or in mommy's arms
- rolls over
- coos when she wakes up in the morning
- has just begun studying my face with her hands and it is the most heart-melting thing ever!

My baby girl is growing too quickly, but the quicker the moments fly, the more I cherish every messy bit. I can't even begin to explain to you how wonderful mommyhood is.  I wouldn't trade it for all the world.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you so much for giving us an update on your beautiful Emilia! Wow! That is so neat that she is a real model baby! I can see why--she is adorable! Glad to hear you're all doing well. Love the photos! Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on your new life and sweet little girl! :D It sounds like you are loving being a mommy. Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update dearie!! This is so beautiful and inspiring to know one of my blogger friends is so happy with her little family. Hope we can get to America soon!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet that she is already loving books! She's growing up so fast - what wonderful moments to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how precious... Your baby girl is too adorable for words and the picture of you and her together will be one to be cherished for years to come! {{smiles}} My baby brother is also an April baby...he entered the world on the 29th...life is so much sweeter with him around!
    I am a new reader to your lovely blog and I am so blessed and inspired by what I have read... Thank you for sharing your journey...I look forward to stopping by again!
    Hugs and love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading this update on Emilia! That is so neat that she is a little model baby. :) I enjoy seeing all of the sweet pictures you post of her on Instagram as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God has blessed you both! Thanks for the update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update on your new life and sweet little girl! :D It sounds like you are loving being a mommy. Keep up the good fight!
    สูตรบาคาร่า
    โกเด้นสล็อต

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24