But seriously, I just checked to see when my latest blog post was published and Emilia was just over 2 months old then! What?
To update, Emilia is nearing 6 MONTHS now. Time is a thief, and I think when you are a parent that statement rings truer than ever. Becoming a mother really is the greatest and most fulfilling thing that has ever happened to me. On April 6th of 2016 my life suddenly felt like it had meaning. I know that sounds strange, but really, there is no greater calling for a woman than to be a mother and bring her children up in God's Word. Having a daughter has made me a better person and has filled a void that I never knew was missing. Emilia is the very best part of me, and each new day that I am gifted I spend relishing in these so very precious moments that are far too short.
At 24 weeks old, Emilia:
- is 14 lbs, 6 oz!
- has TWO teeth (and is cutting a third)
- squirms around on tummy-time (it won't be long before this girl is crawling!)
- growls at her picture books & toys
- has the cutest giggle in the world
- is captivated by flowers, bright lights and colors
- can do more push-ups than I can
- loves to scratch things
- randomly squeals at people when she is excited
- loves her feet and can stick them in her mouth
- still has the deepest, brightest blue eyes
- loves books
- is a brand representative/model for 5 baby clothing shops!
- is happiest in the bath tub or in mommy's arms
- rolls over
- coos when she wakes up in the morning
- has just begun studying my face with her hands and it is the most heart-melting thing ever!
My baby girl is growing too quickly, but the quicker the moments fly, the more I cherish every messy bit. I can't even begin to explain to you how wonderful mommyhood is. I wouldn't trade it for all the world.