Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Pregnancy Update // 38 Weeks



How far along?  38 weeks, 1 day.  I am officially considered full-term at this point.  The thought that I could be holding my baby girl in my arms in 2 weeks or less thrills me beyond explanation!  I feel so blessed!
 
Total weight gain:  37 pounds - I'm definitely feeling the weight of the extra pounds these last few weeks!
 
Stretch marks?  Over the past two weeks I've noticed the slightest, miniscule stretch marks on my hips.  I always heard of gaining stretch marks on your abdomen during pregnancy, but I was never warned about the few other places where stretch marks tend to deviously make their appearance. . . oh well, I really cannot complain because I've been so fortunate to not have gotten any on my enlarging bump.
 
Sleep:  Sleeping still remains to be difficult, although it hasn't been as bad lately since my body has been letting me sleep in for a change.  However, getting out of bed has appeared to be nigh impossible these days.
 
Best moment this week:  Feeling the baby drop.  It's a rather uncomfortable sensation, but I know it means that I'm getting that much closer to meeting my baby. :-)
 
Miss anything?  Sleeping comfortably and having the energy and gumption to get things done.
 
Symptoms:  Same as before, although I'm a lot more exhausted now and feel extremely weighed down.  It has gotten harder and harder to breath with this growing babe inside me, as well.
 
Movement:  All the time, and I never tire of her movements. :-)
 
Food cravings:  Mostly peanut butter flavored treats this week. . .  but I crave anything sweet, really.
 
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Really strong fragrances (such as perfume scents).
 
Looking forward to:  Meeting my baby this month!
 
 
 
This week has been rather nostalgic for me.  At this point, Baby Faulkner could make her appearance any day.  The hubby and I couldn't be more anxious to meet this little life that so sweetly indwells me.  I knew I would love being pregnant; every flutter, kick and hiccup brings overflowing joy to this soul of mine.  My heart floods with excitement to meet my precious girly, yet I know these priceless moments of being pregnant are going to be greatly missed. . .
 
 
This may just be my last pregnancy update before you all see a post on the birth of our dear baby girl.  What a thrilling probability that is. ❤
 


May you all have a blessed week!
 

9 comments:

  1. Praying for you, your husband and baby! God bless you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SO EXCITED
    Ok calm now.. but oh gosh this is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering yesterday how you were doing! I'm so glad all is well - and I hope all goes well in these last weeks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely beautiful! Praying that labor and delivery goes smoothly! I'll be asking you lots of questions after you have your sweet baby girl!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting that you'll be meeting your baby girl this month. That is a beautiful photo. Praying for you! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been in my prayers, Cryslyn! Hope all has gone well...I'm looking forward to your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying all is well with you and the family! So exciting to think you're going to be a momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying all is well with you and the family! So exciting to think you're going to be a momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting to think you're going to be a momma! :)


    gclub

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24