Thursday, October 01, 2015

Thankful Thursday // Come Thou Fount

"Thankful Thursday"
 
Today I am thankful for . . .
 
- All Natural Decaf Coffee
- Cheese!
- Cozy blankets
- Candles
- Home-made elaborate dinners
- My hubby's never-ending love
- The Bible
 

Hymn of the Day //

"Come Thou Fount"

Come, Thou fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace,
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
While the hope of endless glory
Fills my heart with joy and love,
Teach me ever to adore Thee,
May I still Thy goodness prove.
 
Oh, to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be,
Let that grace now like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee:
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart, oh, take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. What lovely things to be thankful for ^_^. Come Thou Fount is a beautiful hymn; I've never heard that version of the first verse before.
    Is the photograph a river near where you live? It's so unlike anything I see in California. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Really? Hmm, that's always been the version I've known.
      And yes, it's a view of the Mississippi River from Pikes Peak, just across the Wisconsin border. :-)

      Delete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24