Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Awesome Food Award

  
Caitlin from Daughter of Destiny has nominated me for the Awesome Food Award.  I've never been nominated for this particular award before, so I'm rather excited to participate in this one! (after all, who doesn't love food?)

The rules:
1). Thank the person who nominated you, as well as link to their blog.
2). Answer the 10 questions provided.
3). Come up with 10 more questions that relate to food.
4). Nominate at least 5 people.
5). Let those people know they've been nominated.

My answers to Caitlin's questions:

1. What are your favorite Soup's?
 
Creamy Broccoli and Cheese, 7-Veggie Minestrone, Momma's Potato Soup, Homemade Chicken Noodle, Tomato & Kale

2. Do you prefer Scones with your Tea or separately?
 
Separately, usually. 

3. What's your favorite kind of Pizza?
 
Chicken Alfredo

4. Do you prefer baking or cooking?
 
Definitely baking, but I do enjoy cooking too.

5. What types of foods do you like making most?
 
Any baked goods.  Cookies, cakes, donuts, cinnamon rolls, brownies, etc.  I also enjoy creating new soups.

6. What exotic food have you tried that most people haven't?
 
I can't say that I've tried very many exotic foods.  I'm partial to the basic Italian, American, and Mexican foods.

7. Do you prefer cookies or cake?
 
Cake usually (at least that's what I've been craving throughout my entire pregnancy so far), but I am really fond of cookies as well.

8. Are you more the chips and salsa type, or just the plain old chip without salsa?
 
Usually chips without salsa.  I'm a huge fan of dipping my potato chips in sour cream & dill.  But salsa is good too. ;-)

9. Do you like Chicken or Hamburger meat better?
 
Definitely chicken.  I'm not a red meat-eater.

10. What's your favorite Dessert? Why? 
 
Anything smothered in cream cheese frosting.  I tell ya, I could eat that stuff by the tub-full (and believe me, I have). ;-) It's just so irresistible.

And now, I would like to nominate:

- Heidi at Along the Brandywine
- Hannah at Bits of Simplicity
- Natalie at Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens
- Skyeler at Beautiful Mess
- Hayden at A Singular and Whimsical Problem

My questions for the nominees:

1). Favorite ethnic food?
2). Who normally does the cooking in your home?
3). Do your taste buds prefer sweet or salty?
4). Favorite snack food?
5). Do you eat ice cream throughout the winter?
6). What's your favorite meat?
7). On the side of your meal, do you prefer soup or salad?
8). Chocolate or Vanilla?
9). How do you react to spicy foods?
10). Top favorite meal in the history of ever?


Thanks for the fun questions, Caitlin!

 

22 comments:

  1. Thanks again for tagging me, Cryslyn! (I explained on my reply comment that I'm going to skip doing the tag because of other posts I have right now but I still appreciate it!)
    Ooh, yum. some of the foods you mentioned are some of my own favorites. I think we have very similar tastes in food! You say you like cream cheese frosting-have you had carrot cake with cream cheese frosting? It's so delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem!
      And yesss! Ahh I love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! I actually posted a recipe for Carrot Cake Bars here on my blog a while back: http://bloggingcryslyn.blogspot.com/2014/05/carrot-cake-bars-recipe.html
      Blessings!

      Delete
    2. Oh, good. :)
      Thank you for the link! Those look sooo yummy! I'll have to show them to my mom. We're always looking for new and easy desserts to make. :)

      Delete
    3. No problem! You'll have to let me know how they turn out if you do decide to make them. :-)
      Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  2. It was so fun reading your answers, Cryslyn! Love your list of soups! Chicken noodle has to be up there with bean soup on the top of my list, but I love potato soup and broccoli & cheese too! You are spot-on with chicken alfredo pizza--my favorite as well.

    Cake sounds like a good pregnancy craving! It will be interesting to hear what else you end up craving! () ;)

    Btw, where in Florida was your wedding? I'm sure you told me before, but a friend looked at the pictures and was wondering, and I can't seem to remember. (Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and here's a videovideo about cravings just for you and Andy. :D

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Bethany! Wow, that's awesome!

      Indeed it will be! As of yet, I've only craved cake and pickles (surprise?). But I haven't had any odd cravings off mixing strange things together yet. The video was pretty funny though. I've sent Andy to the store a few times for me already. He's such a trooper when it comes to making me happy. ;-)

      Little Hickory Beach in Bonita Springs. <3

      Delete
  3. Thank you for nominating me! I hadn't heard of this Blogging tag before, so I'm looking forward to it!

    I'm a huge fan of potato chips and dip myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm looking forward to reading your answers. :-)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading your answers! Thanks for posting! :) How far along in your pregnancy are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caitlin!
      I am almost 19 weeks with baby Faulkner, due in March!

      Delete
    2. That's awesome! Maybe you can give me some advice on how your first pregnancy's going, and what foods you eat. I'm only 6 1/2 weeks into my pregnancy, but eat all the time! ;) I'm not used to eating that much, so I have no idea what to eat... other than foods with protein. ;) So excited for you!!!

      Delete
    3. Aww, that is so exciting!! Congratulations!!! :-D
      My pregnancy has been a bit odd (I guess that's to be expected for someone who has never been pregnant before!) When I was 6 1/2 weeks pregnant I hardly ate at all. Morning sickness began quite early for me, so it was hard to try to consume a lot of food. I'm eating a lot more now than I was during that period, but my midwives told me that I am gaining steady, healthy weight. So that was a relief to me, since I had always worried about blowing up like an elephant during pregnancy. Haha! But other than foods high in protein, I would recommend eating lots of fruits and veggies. I was advised to eat a variety of different colored ones to give me the right vitamins and minerals the baby and I need that are so often missing in today's diet. If you haven't started feeling the morning sickness already, I would just like to warn you that there is a possibility you will not want to eat at all. I worried a lot during that period that I was depriving my baby of the nutrients he/she needed because I wasn't eating much. If you end up being the same way, I would advise you not to worry. I learned that your baby doesn't need all those nutrients or extra calories until around the second trimester.
      Anyway, that's just my advice. All pregnancies are different, so you may have completely different symptoms than I had! Just stay strong and positive and know that whatever you are going through will be so worth it in the end. I try to remember that when I get emotional from exhaustion during this pregnancy. ;-)

      So congrats again!!! I will be continually praying for you and baby! You have a lot of excitement ahead of you!

      Delete
    4. I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow, but my midwife told me to eat almost every hour. She said nibble like a squirrel. ;) It's hard though, because I've never been much of an eater, so it's way different for me.
      Thanks for all your helpful advice! :)

      Delete
    5. Really? I was told to nibble, but not quite that much. But like I said, pregnancies vary with every woman. I've just begun to reach the point where I'm told to eat all the time, and that's a bit hard for me as well. It's difficult trying to find something to eat that sounds good and is healthy at the same time. ;-)

      Delete
    6. Yes, eating something that's good and healthy is super hard! If I don't eat every couple hours, I get shaky. :( I'm probably not eating as healthy as I should, but I'm trying! I just hope and pray that my pregnancy goes well. I'm still in the early stages.

      Delete
    7. Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm the same way now, otherwise I black out if I don't eat every 2 hours (which is pretty frightening). I've learned to start carrying food in my purse, such as nuts, fruit, and protein bars. That way if I start to get shaky before I black out I'll grab a quick snack to keep my blood sugars up. It's saved me twice now already, thank goodness!
      I think a lot of women tend to worry during the early stages of pregnancy. Just make sure your stress levels are as low as possible. Sometimes just stressing about losing your baby can lead up to a miscarriage. I worried quite a bit during my first few weeks, but once I hit my second trimester I felt a whole lot more relief. Just stay positive and keep praying!

      Delete
    8. Wow! That's pretty scary! Yeah, I've learned I have to keep food in my purse too... especially during church! ;)
      I'm glad to know that I'll probably feel better during my second trimester! :)
      Thanks for all your advice and encouragement!

      Delete
    9. Yes, during church is a must!
      You're welcome, Caitlin. I hope I've helped some. Pregnancy is a crazy adventure, but I love it. :-)

      Delete
  6. I loved reading your answers! :) Thanks for posting! How far along in your pregnancy are you?

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24