Monday, September 28, 2015

Autumn Welcoming

These ephemeral days of summer came and went by so instantaneously this year.  I hardly noticed when they ended!  Though short, I have had a peaceful and enjoyable summer season.  When we weren't working, the hubby and I spent an excessive amount of time taking walks along the shores of the Mississippi and making numerous visits to spend time with family. 

The joy of family-togetherness has been one of the most precious segments of this year.  Being able to make memories with loved ones and rejoice in new growths has been such a huge blessing for us.  We serve such an incredible, gracious God, don't we? :-)

Although I'm going to miss the balmy days of summer, I'm highly looking forward to the autumnal days ahead.  Autumn has always been one of my favorite seasons, and this year I think I'm going to enjoy it even more so with my incredible husband by my side and a bitty-bundle brewing within me.
The change in weather will give me a chance to focus more on writing my novels, as well as working on Baby Faulkner's nursery.  Sooo many changes need to happen in our spare room for a nursery to happen.  But it's going to be fun. :-)

Sometimes I like to stop and think of what new springs of life have begun or expired at the dawn of each new season.  And aside from one particular incident, this year I can only find positive.  So many changes took place this summer and the fact that the majority were constructive brings me great happiness.  I'm beyond thrilled to welcome the new changes that will transpire in the coming seasons.

My friends, I hope you all have had a blessed summer and are delighting yourselves in the new season.  Winter will be here before long. ❄

11 comments:

  1. Such a delightful post Cryslyn...until the last sentence! How could you mention that six-letter word that starts with a w?! Beautiful photo. All the best in your nursery decorations! It would be neat if you share with us what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it just me who is actually looking forward to winter this year? ;-) I'm not sure why, but I'm slightly excited for it (I'm definitely not looking forward to driving on these horrible Wisconsin roads, but I think the warm feeling of the wintery season has me anxious. Maybe it's a pregnancy thing?)
      And I do plan on sharing pictures when it is finished!

      Delete
    2. Oh well, glad to hear someone is valiantly anticipating winter. ;) I admire you for your great attitude, courage, (and even excitement?! wow!).
      Will be looking forward to the nursery photos!

      Delete
    3. (Should have thought to ask earlier, but didn't think of it until I read your reply to Gabriella's comment.) Around what month is the baby due?

      Delete
    4. I'm due late March! So the only reasonable explanation for my anticipating winter's arrival would be wanting to see my baby sooner. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I am with Bethany! Haha! Even before I read her comment I was like, "whyyyyyy was winter mentioned?!?!?". I love winter, I just don't love driving in snow. ;-) Your post was so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm slightly excited about winter arriving, but then again, maybe it has something to do with anxiously awaiting the arrival of my baby? The faster the winter comes and goes, the quicker I'll be able to meet this little bundle. That's it, that must be the reason! Because other than the first few snowfalls of the season, I normally detest winter. ;-P

      Delete
  3. You have had a lovely year! :) How cozy life sounds right now, especially with the coming of autumn, which is a favorite time of year for me too! Enjoy getting ready for baby Faulkner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paige! I'm sure we will. :-)

      Delete
  4. Although I'm not able to sit down and read them often, I've been loving your little posts. You've become quite the inspiring young lady. And by the way, congratulations a million times on the little one! We should catch up soon =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww well thank you for the sweet words, and also for congratulating us. We are beyond thrilled. :-)

      Many blessings & God Bless!
      Your friend,
      Cryslyn

      Delete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24