Friday, July 31, 2015

Liebster Award #5


My dear friend Evie over at Letters from Avonlea has tagged me with the Liebster Award (thank you, dear!).  This is the fifth time I have been nominated for a Liebster Award and yet it never gets old answering these questions.  They're so fun. :-)
 
Anyway, without further ado, here are Evie's questions:
 
*drumroll*
 

Pirates or Ninjas?  Why?
 
Definitely pirates.  And it's all thanks to Killian Jones/Captain Hook from Once Upon a Time. ;-)
 
 
Have you ever climbed a tree more than twenty feet off the ground?
 
I think so, although I am not entirely certain.  It's been years since I've climbed a tree, so the last time I did I was probably just a little munchkin who thought that the tree was gargantuan.  You know how everything appears larger and more majestic when you're a wee one. :-)
 
 
Did you like swinging as a child?  Do you still get excited when you see a swing set?
 
Absolutely.  And yes, I still enjoy swinging every now and then.  Quite especially if the swing is one of those old-fashioned wooden types.  Or a tire swing.  They make the environment look quite picturesque, I think.
 
 
If you could have any pet in the world, illegal or not, what would you get?
 
Can I say my pet Chihuahua?  My parents are keeping him since my hubby and I are not allowed pets where we live currently.  And oh how I miss my little peach. . .
 
 
 
What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
 
Disney's The Little Mermaid (my family can attest to that).
 
 
If you had to have a cow or a pig, which would you take?  Why?
 
A cow I guess.  That way we could milk it (although I detest skim milk).  So actually, I have no idea which I would choose.
 
 
If you had to look at one city skyline for the rest of your life, which would it be?
 
The Eiffel Tower.
 
 
Longest plane ride you've ever been on?
 
2.5 hours.  Only because there was a layover.
 
 
The latest you've ever slept.
 
12:30 in the afternoon. . . don't judge!  That only happened like once in my life, and that was when my family and I lived a second shift lifestyle where my dad didn't even get home from work until 3:00 in the morning.  So sleeping in was acceptable for that sort of shift.  Although 12:30 was definitely the latest I've ever slept in.
 
 
Would you buy a sweater covered in kitten pictures?  Would you wear it if someone gave it to you for free?
 
Would I buy it?  Probably not.  But if someone was kind enough to gift it to me, I'd probably wear it if it were warm and comfortable.  It would suit me well during the frigid, winter months.
 
 
Thanks for the fun questions, Evie!
God Bless!
 

2 comments:

  1. Fun post, Cryslyn! I always loved swinging as well, and told my siblings I'd probably be swinging till I was 20. That, I did. I haven't tried it out yet as a 21 year old yet...will have to find a swing set somewhere! Your chihuahua is adorable. And I think you made a good choice in selecting the cow over the pig. A pig wouldn't do many any good till I ate it...and I'm not too fond of pork anyway, so for me it's a cow all the way! But I really would prefer to just take it and sell it, since I wouldn't want to be stuck with milking a cow three times a day every day. (Sorry, I don't sound like a real farmer...). Sleeping in till 12:30 is totally reasonable. I generally wake up at 6 A.M. every day, but on weekends I have to catch up on my sleep. I'm sure I've slept past noon before. And of course there's New Year's Day, when the whole country is dead tired after staying up past midnight (or maybe till 1 or 2 or later in the morning) after celebrating New Year's Eve. Ahhh...I just came home from a week's vacation, and I'm rather sleep deprived atm. I better stop rambling, or I will start yawning! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, swinging isn't something you eradicate from your life when you become an adult. It's too fun to give up entirely. I do still enjoy a good swing when the hubby and I are taking a stroll through the park. :-)
      And thank you! Yes, he's a doll. I love him to pieces. <3
      Oh yes, that would get old very fast. I milked goats for a while when my parents decided to add them to our hobby farm, and milking those small animals was tedious enough. I can't imagine milking a cow. And to use it for anything other than that would be pointless for me, since I'm not much of a meat eater (I only consume poultry and fish). And being that I'm not fond of skim milk either, there wouldn't really be any point to it. I do agree with your point about selling it though.

      I hope you had an enjoyable vacation! Those are always fun, yet it is always warming to be back in the comfort of your own home again.
      God Bless!

      Delete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24