Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Beautiful Mindset = A Beautiful Day

Good afternoon, dears!
 
It sure is a lovely day today, isn't it?
 
Here in my little spot of the world the clouds are roaring, the roads are paved with rain, and the overall outdoor sight is positively glum.  
And yet. . . I am delightfully happy!
 
It's a beautiful day,
and I am blessed to be alive.
 
 
A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset.
 
 When you wake up, take a second to think about what a privilege it is to simply be alive and healthy!
Rain or shine, I am still grateful for everything that I have been blessed with, today and everyday.
 
Sometimes you meet people in life whose attitudes change depending on their circumstances;
a gloomy day makes for a cheerless mood. . .
 a sunny day brings just the opposite. . .
 
I believe that any day can be beautiful the moment we start acting like life is a blessing.
 
I can assure you that once you begin to have that mindset, it will start to feel like one.
 
 
 
"He has made everything beautiful in its time."
- Ecclesiastes 3:11

7 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring and encougraing! =D If you wanted too I'd love to see your answers for the Leibster Award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so, dear!
      And of course, I'd love to! Are you referring to the Liebster Award you did as of recent?

      Delete
  2. Amen! Great post, Cryslyn! I agree with you completely! Reminds me of the quote by Martha Washington that is one of my all time favorites: the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not upon our circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And btw, I love the wallpaper in the last picture (and the flowers too).

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Bethany!
      And yes that's a great quote. I haven't heard it for a while, so thanks for sharing it. :-)

      Yes, me too! Isn't it lovely? I actually took this photo inside of a historical home in Stonefield. I'd love to wallpaper my home in patterns like this someday.

      Delete
  3. Great post Cryslyn! I needed to read this post because I tend to be a negative person. <3

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24