Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Good afternoon, dear readers!

Today I have been nominated by the lovely Paige at Sunday Best and All the Rest for the "Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award".  So, thank you dear!




The rules, as listed below:


1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. 

2. Put the Award logo on your blog. 


3. Answer the ten questions sent to you. 


4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. 


5. Nominate ten blogs.


And now, here are my answers to Paige's questions:


1. Have you ever been in a choir or other singing group?


I was in a Christmas play singing with the angel choir . . . does that count? ;-)


2. Do you have any strange or unusual talents (e.g. wiggling ears, yodeling)?


Hmmm, well at one point I could sing operatic music quite well, but since I got a severe cold a few years back I'm unable to reach the high notes like I once could.


3. Do you find wombats cute and cuddly? 


Well, to be honest I couldn't even remember what one looked like, so I had to look it up just now . . . lol!  But to answer your question, I would say that some appear to be quite cute, while others not so much.  I don't know, I've never been familiar with the little critters, nor have I ever seen one in person.


4. What was the last song you heard?


Well I've been listening to my oldies playlist today, and the song that is currently playing is "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller.  :-)


5. What were you very happy to accomplish last year?


I don't know if you could consider this an accomplishment, but meeting the man of my dreams and beginning a courtship with him (and then of course marrying him!) would probably top my list.  After all, it was on my bucket list for 2014. ;-)  But, I also was very pleased to be able to get contacts as well (all thanks to my sweetheart) <3


6. What do you hope to accomplish this year?


Being the best wife (and hopefully, a mother) I can be.


7. Given the choice, would you rather have someone over for dinner tomorrow or go to someone else's house for dinner?


I think I'd prefer to eat at someone else's house.  It's been too hot in this house lately!


8.  If you could be a pen-pal or e-pal with someone from any nation, what country would you choose (it can't be a country in which you already have a friend)?


Ireland, I think.


9. What is one thing you disliked doing as a child and now enjoy doing as a teen or adult?


Doing housework.  I greatly disliked it when I lived with my folks, but now I get gratification as I do the household chores.  It's a lot more rewarding, I think.


10. Has blogging changed you as a person? If so, how?


Definitely.  It has helped me to grow closer to my Creator as well as helping me discover who I really am as an individual.  Blogging has allowed me to express my beliefs and convictions and has given me the opportunity to share them with others.  Just knowing that I have helped and encouraged others since starting my blog brings great contentment.  I consider this blog to be a great blessing for me.


~*~*~*~
 

Here are my questions:


1). If given the opportunity, would you travel outside of your country to minister to others?  If so, what country would you choose?
2). Do you ever desire to dye your hair or are you pleased with the natural color you've been blessed with?
3). What was the last thing you ate today?
4). You've won a vacation to an exotic island for a month and can only take one person with you; who would you choose?
5). If you could meet any one of your long-distant blogging friends, who would it be?
6). Roses or lilacs?
7). Your favorite flavor of ice cream?
8). Spring or Autumn?
9). Do you have a reading goal this year?  If so, how many would you like to finish before 2016?
10). In your opinion, what is the best talent you posses?


And here are my nominees:


Evie at Letters from Avonlea
Naomi at Wonderland Creek
Gabriela at Under Grace
(it's not quite 10, I know . . . but it'll have to do for now)



Thanks again Paige!  I hope you all have a lovely day!
 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this Cryslyn! I enjoyed reading your answers!
    Meeting your husband is definitely a big event. ;) Ooh, a pen-pal from Ireland would be fun. I also like your answers for #9 and #10. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure! I greatly enjoyed doing it. :-)
    And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for tagging me, dear! I'm afraid I already did this tag, though. :-)

    Ohh! Glenn Miller! I LOVE HIS MUSIC. And 'In the Mood' is one of my favourites! It made me smile to read that you enjoy that kind of music as well. (Glenn Miller is music from the 40's by the way, not the 50's/60's.)

    Goodness, yes, meeting your husband and marrying him is a great accomplishment indeed! Yes, MA'AM. Hope I will be able to accomplish it one day too. :-)

    May I answer your lovely questions in the comment box? Here I go:
    1). If given the opportunity, would you travel outside of your country to minister to others? If so, what country would you choose?
    I don't think so. I'm not good at talking in public, and I feel there are enough people where I live to help. Does that sound selfish? If I would though, I'd choose perhaps Africa, and help those adorable children and teach them about the Bible.

    2). Do you ever desire to dye your hair or are you pleased with the natural color you've been blessed with?
    Haha, because you said 'you've been blessed with' makes me think you feel dying ones hair is a bit pointless? ;-P (I'm just teasin' you!)
    Seriously though, I would never want to dye my hair.

    3). What was the last thing you ate today?
    An egg sandwich. :-)

    4). You've won a vacation to an exotic island for a month and can only take one person with you; who would you choose?
    I tell you what I'd do, I'd give my ticket to someone else - I don't like travelling! I know. :-)
    But if I HAD to go (heehee, that sounds like a punishment), I would perhaps pick, maybe my mum. She thinks the same way as I do, and it's super handy. :-)

    5). If you could meet any one of your long-distant blogging friends, who would it be?
    Oh, this is the easiest yet! I would want to meet Emma (From 'A Lantern in Her Hand'), who's not just a blogging friend, she's my best friend! :-)

    6). Roses or lilacs?
    Lilacs. I like roses, but they've never been my favourites.

    7). Your favorite flavor of ice cream?
    Strawberry, at the moment. I also LOOOVE coffee flavour - which is weird, because I don't like coffee. :-)

    8). Spring or Autumn?
    Autumn. I'm a very wintery-cold-rainy-day kind of girl. I love snuggling inside with a cuppa tea and think jumpers.

    9). Do you have a reading goal this year? If so, how many would you like to finish before 2016?
    My reading goal was 100, but I've realised it isn't very challenging at all, for me. I've already read 73 books this year! *gasp*

    10). In your opinion, what is the best talent you posses?
    I think - and hope - it's writing.

    Lovely questions! Thank you so much!

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, his music is splendid! And that's what I thought! I had always heard "In the Mood" in old 40's films and was certain that was the era it was from. But while I was at work one day I had the 50's station on and "In the Mood" started playing . . . I found it odd, but I didn't question it. Ahh well, I guess I should have looked it up. Silly me. ;-)

      I thoroughly enjoyed your answers to my questions, by the way!

      Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  4. Awww thanks for the tag! Doing it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      I'm looking forward tor reading your answers. :-)

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed reading your answers, Cryslyn! Now that you've confessed, I might as well confess as well--I had to Google wombats too. I'd say getting married is quite the accomplishment! Just for fun I think I'll answer a few of your questions here.
    2. I'm quite happy with my natural hair color. 3. The last thing I ate today was graham crackers. 7. Mint chip "grasshopper" ice cream! I've been eating a mint chip ice cream cone once a year, just about every year, at our local soda fountain for the past 9 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Bethany! Lol! And yes, I'd say so. :-)
    Great answers! And oooh, mint chip ice cream is divine! Such a splendid, refreshing treat!

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24