Wednesday, May 06, 2015

The Random Questions Tag

I would like to thank Heidi over at Along the Brandywine for tagging me with this delightful little tag.  Tags are such fun. :-)


The rules?
- Paste the button onto your blog post.
- Leave a new list of questions (or just pass on the question list you answered) and tag a few people of your random choice (and say why you tagged them, if you have time! Be original and nonsensical in your question-creativity - make the blogging world a cheerful place :-) And be disastrously random.)

Now for the fun...
- Write down three facts about you - one of them is WRONG. Let your commenters guess in the comments which one is wrong (and tell them in the comments after a while)
- Answer the questions of the person who tagged you - make it all super random and interesting!

Here are my three facts: 
 (Remember, one of these is wrong . . . so try to guess which one it is!)



1). I've fallen off of a horse and injured my lower back greatly.


2). I read 100+ books last year.


3). I have traveled outside of the United States.


Guess which fact is wrong and I'll reveal the answer in a few days. ;)

 ~*~*~*~*~

And now . . .

 Heidi's questions:


Do you love the color pink? 
 
A few years ago my answer would have been no, since I was rather fond of bold colors back then and things less-girly. ;P  But over the past couple of years I have acquired a new-found taste and love for more feminine colors; pink being one of them.
Although I prefer a softer pink, like the pastel pinks in this lovely photo:


Your favorite book set in ancient times?

Ohhh, that's a tough one.  I am rather fond of Elizabeth Gaskell's North & South, though.

What color is your bedroom? 

Well since I am recently married, my husband and I are working on decorating our new room in our wedding theme; which consists of pastel beach colors, including: salmon, shell, sandy tans, and soft turquoise colors.
The color theme looks somewhat like this:



{Our bedroom looks nothing like this, but this is the color theme we're aiming for.  The progression in vibrancy is lovely, isn't it?}

Do you like traveling?

Oh, do I!  Traveling is wonderful and I wish we could do more of it!  I'd love to go back to the beach . . . *sigh*

Your favorite animated film?

Disney's Frozen.

The shortest you’ve ever cut your hair?

Shoulder length.  Sometimes I contemplate cutting it again, but I'm rather fond of my mid-back length locks and want to see how long it can grow before it vexes me too much. ;-)

Your thoughts on butterflies?

They are flittingly lovely and peaceful.

Do you enjoy putting together puzzles?

Although I rarely put puzzles together, I do enjoy it every now and then.

Do you get excited when the daily mail arrives?

It's not very often that mail arrives for me, so no, not really.  But I get this sort of gleeful happiness when I check the mail and notice something addressed to me specifically. ;-)

A favorite spring-ish period drama dress?

Ooooh, that's a tough one.  Although there are many that I simply adore, one of my favorites would have to be Rose's tea dress from Titanic.

 
It's so lovely!

 I also am rather fond of her other dresses from the film, including this gorgeous day dress during the breakfast scene with her and Cal:


And I know this film isn't really considered a "Period Drama", but The Longest Ride's character Ruth has some dresses that are really sweet and springy.  I love this simple pink dress she dons in the photo below. :)


 ~*~*~*~*~

Thanks again for the tag, Heidi!


. . . just to note, I'll be passing on tagging people today.  But feel free to tag yourselves or answer the questions in the comment box!  I'd love to read your answers. :)


Have a blessed day everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I am *hoping* #1 is false. That pink-themed photo is beautiful, and I do like the color scheme you're planning for your room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, in fact it is #2 that is false. Believe me though, I wish number one was! A back injury is no fun, but thankfully it doesn't bother me quite like it used to. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love Rose's dresses! :-)

    Have you seen The Longest Ride? I'm kind of interested in it...admittedly, because it's got Clint Eastwood's son in it, who, let's face it, is considerable hunky. ;-P But I have a history of being really annoyed by Nicholas Sparks's stories, so those two facts are kind of warring against each other in my mind. Would you recommend it?

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have seen The Longest Ride and I love it! Personally, I've always been fond of Nicholas Sparks' stories, although I prefer his novels over the films. I will warn though that there are a few suggestive scenes in The Longest Ride, not too bad compared to some of his other films, but I just thought I'd mention it anyway. :)
      And yes, haha! I totally agree . . . Scott Eastwood is definitely easy on the eyes. ;-)

      Delete
  3. I'm guessing the 3's one it false? Lovely answers - yes Rose's dresses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, no. I have travelled outside of the United States once. The incorrect fact is #2!
      And yes, I love each and every one she wears in that film. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love the breakfast dress, too! One of my favorites. And I am guessing #2 is false...and if it happens to be true...how in the world did you do it?!!! Haha! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You got it right! Although reading 100 books was one of my goals for last year, I only ended up reading just over 70 . . . *fail*. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much and I loved all your answers! :) Ah, yes yes yes yes, indeed.....N&S!!!!!!!!! And I haven't seen Titanic or The Longest Ride, but those dresses are just gorgeous.

    And for your wrong fact.....oh, dear. I'm going to go with #3 as being false? (But then you DO love to travel and fitting 100+ books into your last busy year seems like it would have been super hard.... ;P) Can't wait to find out which one is wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi!

      Hmm, close . . . but actually #2 is incorrect!

      Delete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24