Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Engagement Photos + Our Love Story



Hello dear readers,

Well . . . the day is finally approaching.
In just over 24 hours I will be marrying the man of my dreams.

This day has been long-awaited and I am so very thankful to God that it's finally happening, and with the most amazing man that I could have ever asked for.  




My life changed 8 months ago when I met Andy Joe Faulkner.  

We both had attended a Civil War Ball event and happened to meet each other there when his group of friends and mine ended up being dance partners.  




We were both very shy at first, but it didn't take long before the sparks flew.

We danced and talked, and danced and talked some more.

Conversation flourished and each thing I learned about him intrigued me even more.  By the end of the night, I knew that he would always be someone special in my life.




The months after that first meeting we saw each other occasionally.  He had college classes and a full time job, and I, at that time, worked a full time job as well.  




But we always managed to fit in some time to see each other during the week.  Even if we could only see each other for a couple hours a day, we were happy.  Our personalities connected and we realized that we made a great team.  I was deeply attracted to him and my family loved him. 

Andy's knowledge and understanding of God and the world impressed me.  And his amiable and colloquial characteristics made an even bigger impact on how hard I fell for him. ;-)

Before long, Andy asked me out.  I, of course, said yes!  




Our dates consisted of sweet moonlight walks, movie and coffee dates, dinners at restaurants, bible studies, exciting adventures, road trips, visiting rustic towns, attending more dances, spending the holidays together, and the occasional baking or cooking date.  




We had a very romantic courtship, and I enjoyed every second of our time spent together.  We made a great team, and we both realized that fairly early in our courtship.  Each day our love grew stronger and before long, I realized that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.




On December 20, 2014, at a Masquerade Ball, he asked me to be his wife on stage in front of the observing crowd.




I said "Oh my gosh, yes!"
And now, as I write this, I am preparing to marry the man of my life in just over 24 hours! 




I have no doubt that our marriage will be romantic and rewarding.  Yes, there will be trials.  I am aware of that.  But we know how to keep that spark alive and I can be assured that Andy will always be the charming, loving man that I met at that ball 8 months ago.




We have so much to be thankful to God for.  He brought two hearts together and created a love so wonderful . . . so beautiful.
We are continually growing together in our faith and love everyday, and I am ever so thankful for this journey we have embarked upon together.  




It can only get better from here, folks.


"I have found the one whom my soul loves."
Song of Solomon 3:4


Please keep us in your prayers as we enter this new chapter of life together. :)


(I will post details and photos from our wedding in the nearby future!)

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cryslyn! :D I will be praying for you and Andy! :)
    By the way, your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cryslyn,
    Thank you so much for sharing, and I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hope you both have a wonderful time on the huge day of days! :) May God bless you both most richly!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your love story with us! Congrats! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'll be praying for you two! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You met in a dance?!! That's just so romantic! Ahh - have a lovely wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! God has brought you both together in a very special way! Marriage is wonderful, you're going to love it! Continue to treasure Andy each day! :)
    Blessings
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I hope your wedding was beautiful today! I do hope you share some photos from it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the time I write this you are Mrs F!! Aww cute I'll be praying for you both! CONGRATULATIONS *hugs*
    Hope to see photos!
    Your friend
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations again!! And (if you'd like to do a tag when you get back ;)), I'm tagging you with the Random Questions tag here: http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-random-questions-tag-x-2.html.

    I hope all is most marvelously well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Ooh, how fun! I'll get the tag up on my blog here shortly. :-)

      Delete
  10. Congratulations, been away from the blogging world for quite a while, What a surprise, how exciting!!! I am soooo happy for you!! Wishing you the best of the best in this wonderful new season of life. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24