Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Bookshelf Tag


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I found this tag on Natalie's blog.  It seemed rather fun and since I had a few moments to spare I decided . . . why not?  After all, tags are splendidly delightful, don't you agree? ;-)

Anyway . . . here we go . . .

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books-it doesn't actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from:

I currently have a "built-in" bookshelf that's in my bedroom in my parent's cabin.  It's long and horizontal with just enough room to fit all of my precious books.  Oh, and I also have a second shelf that's quite a bit smaller but holds at least 30 books.


Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?

I usually organize my novels in order from tallest to shortest.  Also, I keep most of my period drama novels close together.


What's the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf?


{this actually isn't my copy of "Jane Eyre", although I wish it was!}
"Jane Eyre" with 558 pages.


What's the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?

"As a Man Thinketh" with a total of 50 pages.


Is there a book you received as a birthday gift?

Yes, my One Year Bible.  It was a gift from my grandma.


What's the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?

"A Pocket Guide to Amish Life"


What's the biggest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?

"Familiar Garden Birds of America"


Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?

I don't think so, actually.


Most expensive book?

The last "Daughters of the Promise" book in the series by Beth Wiseman.  I bought it when it first got released on paperback.


The last book you read on your shelf?

"The Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks.


Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?

My Bible.


Do you have more than one copy of a book?

Yes, more than one copy of my bible.


Do you have the complete series of any book series?

I have the complete Little House on the Prairie series from when I was little.


What's the newest addition to your shelf?

"The Best of Me"


What book has been on your shelf FOREVER?

The books I've had since I was little . . . such as my bibles, the LHOTP series, and a few selective novels by Janette Oke.


What's the most recently published book on your shelf?

"Plain Peace" by Beth Wiseman.


The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?

Again, my Bible.


A book you won?

I can't recall winning any of the books that I own currently.


A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?

Hmm, that's a tough one.  I'd probably loan any one of my books to someone if I knew that they would take care of it.


Most beat up book?

My Bible.



Most pristine book?

"The Best of Me" (I just purchased it recently).


A book from your childhood?

The LHOTP series.


A book that's not actually your book?

 None.


A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?

Unfortunately, none.  Although I wish all of my books looked like these:

{I wish we still produced books with character like this!}

A book that is your favorite color?

"Once Upon a Summer" by Janette Oke.  Although it's not quite the right shade of green . . .


Book that's been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven't read?

A book that was given to me by an elderly lady . . . it's a very old copy, but I still haven't had the chance to read it.  I'm actually unsure of the title of the book at the moment. '~'


Any signed books?

 No.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Thanks for the fun tag, Natalie!  I dearly enjoyed it.  And for those of my friends who'd enjoy doing it as well, feel free to tag yourselves!

Have a blessed day!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(all photos - courtesy of pinterest)

10 comments:

  1. Your bookshelf sounds beautiful! And that copy of Jane Eyre is so pretty. :)
    I pretty much love all of the lovely pictures you included in this post. And your answers were great (I loved how many times your Bible answered the question. :))!
    Thanks so much for doing my tag, Cryslyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I wish my copy were that beautiful . . . ah well, at least I have a copy. ;)
      And thank you! I really enjoyed the creativity of your tag. :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your answers and (echoing Natalie ;)) absolutely lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your answers! It's neat how your answer to so many of the questions is the Bible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because my Bible has been read and scribbled in the most. ;)

      Delete
  4. What a fun tag! :D I agree with you, we need to start making books with covers like that again. ;) I even had a dream about beautifully decorated book covers one time...haha! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Just think how magical our bookshelves would look if they were filled with old-timey vintage novels with fancy designs on the front cover . . . :-D

      Delete
  5. Okay, first--all those vintage book pictures you used! What even...how am I...I'm melting. They're just too beautiful.
    It was such fun reading your answers!
    How was "The Best of Me"? Sorry, I know that's a random question...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, aren't they? I adore all the fancy covers on those vintage books. :-D
      It was really good! But I'm a big fan of Nicholas Spark's romance novels . . . ;)
      Thanks, by the way!

      Delete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24