Thursday, March 12, 2015

Blessings & Ramblings

photo via google
I've always been prepared when it comes to my blog posts.  I usually have the outline of my post jotted down, with every word and idea thought out down to the very last, minuscule detail...
But not lately.
Now, whenever I feel like posting something, I just sit in front of my computer, stretch out my legs and start typing away.  Anything.
Sometimes it makes me feel better if I can get the words and stories out of my head and onto something that can absorb my ramblings, even if I don't find myself publishing my posts very often anymore.
And believe me, I miss it.  Truly I do.  But as I live every day with an abundance of things to do and places to go, I don't find the time to post like I used to.  And even though I'd say that it's for a good reason, I still miss it.

For some nonsensical reason I find blogging to be a rather calming and rejuvenating past-time.  And when it comes to helping or encouraging others, I enjoy it all the more.

These new points of my life are very exciting for me, and I'm spending all the time I can relishing in them while they are happening.
I am getting married in just under a month . . . so my days have been spent preparing myself for being a wife.

The thought of getting married still makes me giddy with happy excitement, and to know that I am spending my happily ever after with the man I love brings me exceeding joy. 

God has been so faithful this past year, and even more so, He has opened doors and given me more opportunities than I thought could have ever been possible in the year of 2014.  New experiences and adventures have shown me that when you focus your attention on God, He never leaves you doubting. 
I have so much to be thankful for.  So much to learn and grow from . . . and these awaited future moments will prepare me for something even greater than I can imagine. 
I am thrilled to be starting my life as a wife to my future husband (and if the Lord wills, a mother to our children someday).

Often times, while I am at home alone, I begin to venture to imagine what my life is going to be like in only a few short weeks from now.  Never once would I have imagined that the Lord would bring me to this point in life.  Being a wife and mother has been my ultimate dream since I was a juvenile at heart.  And now, that dream is beginning to unfold right before my eyes.  Everything is official now.  Down to the last tiny detail of wedding planning... everything is really happening, and I couldn't be happier. :)


"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour."
- Ecclesiastes 4:9

7 comments:

  1. Oooh! You must be so busy getting ready for your wedding! Thanks for taking the time to post--I always love reading your posts even if they are few and far between! Beautiful choice of a photo from google.

    I still would love to meet you and your future husband one of these days--even if you are going to be one of those old married women...*ooops*... ;) So, if you two get any inclinations to go travelling, choose Iowa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany!

      Yes, we would love that! We shall make it a plan then, how 'bout it? :-)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, Cryslyn, you must share your wedding details! I'm oozing. :-) I'm just so exited for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, details are yet to come! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post, Cryslyn! :) And I'm SO happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24