Monday, July 07, 2014

Another Liebster Award!

Greetings, my fellow blog readers!

I was delighted this evening when I logged onto my blog to discover that I was nominated for yet another blog award! A special thank you this time to Evie, who nominated me. :)



The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize blogs with fewer than 200 followers. These are the rules:

~Thank and link back the person who nominated you 
~List eleven facts about yourself 
~Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you 
~Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (you can't nominate the blogger who nominated you)
~Ask them eleven questions
~Let them know of their nomination

11 Facts about 'yours truly' . . . 

1). One of my goals for 2014 is to read at least 100 books.

2). I love, love, love the sound of a dobro. And although I do not wish to be able to play it myself, I think the music it emanates is simply delightful!

3). I am a bookworm.

4). I love meeting new people and seeing friendly faces every day at my job.

5). My favorite flower is a yellow rose! ( Gentlemen, if you ever want to make this girl ecstatically charmed, just send me a bouquet of yellow roses. ;)

6). I am currently working on two novels ( and a short story that I am entering into a contest in hopes of getting published by early next year! )

7). Spring is my favorite season.



8). Sometimes I wish that I lived hundreds of years ago before technology ever existed . . . but then I remember how much I love blogging and all of my lovely online friends. ;)

9). I am a bit short for my age.

10). When I was younger my hair was slightly redd-ish.

11). I have visited several islands in the Bahamas.


Evie's questions:


  • Who are some people you’d like to meet someday? Well, besides my Heavenly Father and future husband . . . let's see . . . hmm well, I'd certainly like to meet my dearest online friends,  and all of my favorite musical groups ( such as the Bontrager family, the Duggars, and the Johnson Strings). And I'd also like to meet Richard Armitage ( fangirl here ). 

  • If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say? Live your life with purpose and meaning.  :-)

  • What’s one of your favorite habits you have? Having the inclination to pick up a book and read whenever I have some spare time.

  • What are some things that make you really happy? Violins, yellow roses, friendly smiles, random gifts, adorable kiddos, re-reading a favorite book, charming notes, romantic love stories, encouraging scripture, iced coffees . . . ♥

  • What are some things that make you really sad? A loved one's declining health, losing a beloved pet, thinking about my biggest dream and waiting for it to come true, scars that refuse to vanish entirely, not being able to write my novel, palpitating headaches . . .

  • What are some things that scare you? Spiders, spiders . . . and, um, spiders . . .

  • Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous? I am a thinker and planner.

  • . . .

    I do not wish to be lazy, but since I have been extremely busy over the past week, I am choosing to not ask any questions right now. Please excuse me for my lethargical attitude . . . next time, perhaps. ;)


    Thanks for the fun questions, Evie!

    3 comments:

    1. Hey!
      Thanks for doing the tag, I loved reading your answers! :D
      ~Ev

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yellow roses are beautiful...and good advice! Enjoyed reading your answers!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Great answers and facts :) Love the advice. 100 books!! that is a lot. As silly as it might seem spiders are scary lol ... Hope you have a lovely day.

      Blessings,

      ReplyDelete

    "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24