Wednesday, July 16, 2014

And yet another Liebster Award!?

It is true, I have been nominated for yet anotherthis is three so far ) Liebster Award!  This time, all the thanks goes to Paige at Sunday Best and All the Rest.  I am delighted that you all have been so kind to think of nominating me.  I feel so special!  :-)



Here we go again! . . . these are Paige's questions:


1). What is the long term goal for your blog? 


My goal for this blog is to encourage and inspire, whether with the simple Bible studies that I may upload, quotes I choose to share, poems I write, and so forth.  My desire is to be a reflection of Christ to all of you in hopes that my readers will be spiritually uplifted.


2). What have you enjoyed the most about blogging so far?


All of the lovely compliments I have received from my dearest followers!  You all have encouraged me to keep doing what I am doing and I am so thankful for that.  It also pleases me to know that I am inspiring some of you with my posts.  It really means a lot. :)


3). Peanut butter + chocolate or mint + chocolate?


Ahhh, now that is a tough one, seeing as I love both combinations so much!  But, I am going to have to say peanut butter+chocolate, only because there are so many desserts that I am quite fond of with that combination!


4). For your birthday, would you rather have your mom or sister 
cook you a special meal or go out to eat?


Although normally I would say that I would want my mom to cook something special for me, she is sweet enough to make whatever I want when asked to.  So, I am going to have to say that I'd choose to go out to eat.  But, I would want my mom to accompany me at the restaurant. ;)


5). Series or stand alone books?


Hmm, I think I prefer stand alone books, although I dearly love an intriguing series!


6). What version of the Bible do you prefer?


King James Version.  Oh, and the Geneva Bible.


7). Do you journal your studies in scripture?


Often times, yes.


8). If you were to host a period costume event, what era would it be?


Probably Regency or Victorian.  They are both so diverting!


9). Do you spend your day in bare feet, socks, or shoes?


I must admit that I go barefoot most of the time; socks vex me unless my feet are extremely cold, and shoes are just plain uncomfortable (unless I am wearing a pair of my favorite flats).


10). If you could have a gift card to any clothing store, including online, what would it be for?


Goodwill!  I have found some pretty amazing clothes there!


11). If I were to visit you in your hometown, what would be the first place you'd want me to see?


The entire Driftless Area.  It is so stunning, you would not regret seeing it!  We get tourists from different countries visiting here every year because the scenery is so breathtaking. 


~*~


As I stated in my last blog award post, I am choosing to dismiss myself before proceeding to ask any questions.  Business calls to me at this late hour, but it was a delight answering all of the fun questions!

Thanks again, Paige!

God Bless!

7 comments:

  1. Heyy Cryslyn!
    http://ramblingsfromaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/bucket-list-tag.html
    You have been tagged again! sorry!!
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you, Evie! Gracious, what did I do to deserve all of these wonderful tags?? I am so delighted!
      Thanks again!
      Blessings,
      Cryslyn

      Delete
  2. Thanks for doing this (again) Cryslyn! :)
    Ooh, a Regency or Victorian costume party sounds so fun. Also, I had no idea what the Driftless Area was so I had look it up. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you for tagging me. ;) I really enjoyed answering the questions!
      Yes, maybe someday I will be lucky enough to host one!
      Doesn't it?! I love it so much here. Financially, it's not the best place to live, but it's worth it because of the stunning, picturesque scenery.

      Delete
  3. Awesome goal for your blog! I'd also have to agree with you on choice of stores: thrift stores are the best! I can't see spending 10-50 dollars on something new that I could buy at my favorite thrift store for $0.50- $3.00! And at the thrift store I can buy all I want without feeling guilty about my spending spree (uh, my $6.00 spending spree... ;) ).
    Also, it is very interesting that you find socks uncomfortable. I have yet to meet a violinist who likes wearing socks!
    Enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww well thank you, Bethany. Yes, they really are. A lot of people like to brag about how they get their clothing from name-brand stores, but honestly, I think it is more fun to talk about how I got a name-brand clothing item from a thrift store for a third of the price! I like to be frugal with my money and therefore I think thrift stores are the best way to go. :-)
      Really? Well that is interesting. ;)

      Delete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24