Sunday, June 08, 2014

The Wissmann Family // 22nd Annual Tractor Day Event


It has been two years since I was first introduced to the Wissmann Family. The day I first heard them perform was a special one indeed, although I wasn't fortunate enough to speak to any of the family members personally that day. Today, on the other hand, was a delightful experience. Not only was I able to listen to the Wissmann's sweet family harmonies and hear new, meaningful songs, I was also able to meet the entire family (yes, all 23 of them)! Thrilling, huh? 
I know this is a Tractor Day event, but I must admit that all the photos captured from today were of the Wissmann Family's concert performance. So there are no pictures from the parade or anything, just to warn you. But it really was a thrilling experience, nonetheless.
Here are some photos I captured from today:




 Matthias is an excellent banjo player, though I must admit that I enjoy hearing him play the dobro most. :)



 Alaythia fiddling on her violin.


 Stephen's fingers really fly when he plays the mandolin, let me tell you!




These two lovely ladies bring a lot of liveliness to the stage when they're present!


Andrew is a great banjo player as well!


 Being a violinist myself, I must say that I am jealous of Hannah's fiddling talent!




The entire family got up there to share a song!


A snapshot of myself with Hannah Wissmann.


Souvenirs!


What a fun, eventful day it was!
God truly is good, isn't He? :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the Wissmann Family again very soon (hopefully)!


"He has made His wonderful works to be remembered:
 the Lord is gracious and full of compassion."
Psalm 111:4

4 comments:

  1. That's cool that you met them! They certainly DO seem musical! :)
    When you say all 23, does it mean they have 21 kids or that it also includes grandchildren and daughter/son-in-laws and so? I was just wondering, because 21 does sound a little much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are really talented!
      The 23 of them included the daughter and son-in-laws and grandchildren. The Wissmann family has 13 children in total. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you got to meet the whole family; it must have been neat! We went to our first Wissmann concert about 9 or 10 years ago (we even went to Castillia to listen to them once a few years ago!), hoping we can catch another of their concerts soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! Oh, that's cool! I wasn't fortunate to have known them that long, but I was really impressed when I saw their first performance and I've been listening to their music ever since. :)
      I hope you will get the opportunity to see them again soon!

      Delete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24