Saturday, June 21, 2014

Strawberry Cupcakes // Recipe

photo via pinterest
Strawberry Cupcakes

~*~
I know, I know... I neglected to upload a recipe for last Snack Saturday... but, I have good reason for doing so. Unfortunately, I had a mishap with the pan shelf in my kitchen, which resulted in my right foot being painfully afflicted. I was laid up for about a week, so as you can probably assume, I wasn't able to bake anything. 
Although I am not 100% recovered, I am able to move around slightly. So the other day I attempted to bake something. Strawberry cupcakes seemed fitting since, after all, it is strawberry season. And as of right now, our refrigerator is loaded with strawberries! So I figured that strawberry cupcakes would be a fun treat. :) 
I will warn you though, the image posted here is not my own. My cupcakes looked a tad bit different because I eliminated the red food coloring and I made a different kind of frosting to surmount the cupcakes. And although normally I would take a picture anyway, my camera was in the possession of my younger brother at the time. So I decided to just borrow the photo from Pinterest. 
(gotta love good ol' pinterest!)


So without further ado, let's get started!

Ingredients

1 ½ Cups Sugar
½ Cup Butter
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
½ Cup Milk
½ Cup Strawberry Puree
½ Cup Chopped & Smashed Strawberries


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine strawberry puree, butter & sugar. 
Slowly add in eggs and vanilla.
Mix dry ingredients together and add into sugar mixture
Slowly add milk and stir gently.
Stir in smashed strawberries.
Pour batter into a cake pan or cupcake pan and bake a cake for 40 minutes, or cupcakes for 20 minutes.
Top with your favorite frosting recipe!


*Note*
I made the strawberry puree by juicing the strawberries in my juicer. It was a quick and easy way to get the puree, but if you are unable to make your own or if you do not own a juicer, you can always resort to buying some.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you hurt yourself, Cryslyn- I hope you get better soon. Those cakes look delicious! And they are also photographed very well, heehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern, Naomi. I hope so too! ;)

      Delete
  2. These cupcakes look delicious, I just love strawberries! Do you think that tinned strawberries would work, seeing as strawberries are not in season? I think they would work for the puree, but are the chopped ones meant to be something to bite into, for a bit of texture? I hope your foot gets better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they would work just fine. I added chopped ones but they really didn't add much texture, so I think you would be fine with skipping that part of the recipe. :)
      Thank you, by the way!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I can't wait to try these next time I am in the mood for a bit of baking! :)

      Delete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24