Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Awaken to Spring


 After 7+ months of frigid temperatures, ensuing snowfalls, and icy pavements... Spring's arrival is finally upon us. 
Spring is always a joyous season for me. It's a time when I am able to say farewell to the chills of winter and welcome the new buds of life. Such joy fills my soul when I am able to look at the season's new, blossoming flowers and vibrant greens. I have often taken for granted just how beautiful God's creation really is. But this Spring I am determined to enjoy every little bit of sunshine that falls onto my path and find joy in the simplest of things.


"I love better to count time from spring to spring; it seems to me far more cheerful to reckon the year by blossoms than by blight." 
Donald G. Mitchell



And Spring arose on the garden fair,


Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;


And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast

rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.

- Percy Bysshe Shelley



"As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth."
Psalm 103:15

3 comments:

  1. Yay spring. <3 God bless! Beautiful quotes!

    Aspirer
    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photography! I really like the Shelley excerpt.

    Happy Spring, such a wonderful time to celebrate God's created beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24