Saturday, April 19, 2014

Buckeye Brownies // Recipe

So I am thinking on starting a new tradition here on my blog. Perhaps something called Snack Saturdays? I'm not sure exactly, but I want to post a recipe every Saturday (if I am able).

Today, I am posting a recipe for one of my favorite types of brownies - Buckeye Brownies! You may or may not have heard of them, but they are certainly delicious and if you are a brownie fan like me, you'll definitely want to try them out!


For this recipe, I am focusing mainly on the top and middle layers of the brownie. The bottom layer is just your basic brownie mixture. You can use a box of fudge brownie mix or make the brownie mix of your choice. 

Let's get started!
...
How to make the brownies:

Ingredients:

1 box fudge brownie mix
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 TB butter, softened
1 cup milk chocolate chips


1). So for starters, you'll want to grease a 9x13 pan, then make and bake brownie mix according to box directions (or your own brownie mix instructions). After removing them from the oven, let cool.

2). In a bowl add your powdered sugar, ½ cup butter and peanut butter. Mix well. Spread with fingers over the brownies and pat down (it has a consistency similar to that of playdough).

3). Melt together chocolate chips and the 6 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Spread over top the brownies. Refrigerate so the chocolate has time to harden, then serve.
...
It's that simple! And the brownies are just delectable! I'm sure you'll be making these brownies dozens of times!


Until next week's recipe!

Blessings!

Cryslyn

1 comment:

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24