Monday, April 14, 2014

Back to Winter . . .


To my surprise, I awoke this morning to find a winter wonderland outside of my bedroom window. If you live anywhere near me in Wisconsin, you'd know that the past few days here have been very temperate and vernal. We have had mild, tepid weather and have even experienced this year's first few thunderstorms. The weather has been warm enough for knee-length skirts and t-shirts and yet today I stepped outdoors to find a frigid, wintry wonderland before my eyes.
Although I am slightly tired of the cold and snow... I have to admit that the scenery today was stunning. The pictures don't do it justice, but seriously, it was breathtaking. Nearly everything was covered in snow -- sparkling, effervescent flurries all aglow with wonder.


Living next to a creek, I can always find a picturesque scene to capture with my camera (but yet again, pictures can't do it justice).





My presumption is that the snow won't last much longer than a week (we're still expecting more flurries)... well, at least I'm hoping that the snow won't last that long. Until it melts, I will just keep warm indoors and enjoy the Narnian winter window view from inside. ;)
This will give me time to relax and finish reading Jane Eyre - a novel that takes a lot of time to complete and a lot of intentness to ensue the plot. So I shall brew myself a hot cup of tea and resign to my room for some afternoon reading.

Farewell for now my lovely readers, and enjoy the weather!

 
"For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth;"
Job 37:6

2 comments:

  1. The snow photos are beautiful...except for the fact that it is April. I guess you are having pretty much the same weather as we are having across the border in Iowa. Do stay warm ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I know. It has gotten a bit tiresome, but what can one do about it? I guess I can just enjoy the beauty of the snow while it's here...
      Thank you, and may you keep warm yourself. :) On days like these I am especially thankful for my warm, cozy fireplace.

      Delete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24