Thursday, February 20, 2014

Romans 6:23

Romans 6:23

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Like the veridical quote says: "If the wages of sin is death, shouldn't you quit before payday?"



Jesus says that “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23
Now isn't that a profound message?
Let's admit it. We all fall short of the glory of God. It's so easy to fall into temptation, even for Christians. But as followers of Christ, we need to do our best to strive to be different. As Jesus said in Romans 12:2, "Be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

We have been born into this world, but as believers in Christ, we are not of this world. John 15:19 says, "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."

Oftentimes we feel depressed when someone condemns us for the way we live or speak. Their condescending words may dampen our spirit, making us feel lowly in the eyes of those who see us. But if we are really living a life pleasing to God, why should we let that affect us? I have had numerous people criticize me for the way that I believe, thinking that I take the Bible too seriously. But in the words of a wise man... I can respond "do you really think that on Judgement Day, Christ will chastise me saying 'You took me too seriously'?" I think not. We can never take God or the Bible too seriously. 

I've come to realize that people's opinions of me don't matter. I've learned that what God knows about me is more important than what others think about me. I'm more concerned about God's opinion of me anyway, so I am constantly striving to live as close to His will as possible. I want others to look at me and see Christ. But living up to the Lord's standards can be a very exhausting, confusing, and tiring task. I've learned that more lately than ever before. People will condemn you for living morally, and yet it is likely that they are struggling deep inside with their own personal sins, looking for a way out. But what they don't realize is that they need look no further than Jesus Himself. But most are too blind to see that. It's a sad reality today, and as Christians we try to shed a good light on those that are lost. Sadly, so many don't want to hear it. 
But as a daughter of Christ, I have no intention of hiding the Gospel. After all, Jesus died for me in public; so why should I only live for Him in private? 
Christians struggle every day trying to proclaim the message of Christ. But I have come to find peace through my suffering. 


"In the pursuit of joy through suffering, we magnify the all-satisfying worth of the Source of our joy."

It's easy once you've found contentment in whatever situation you are in, realizing that God has a way of working through you to be a beacon of light to others. The hard part is trying to get past the chastises and condescension. It took me a while to finally overcome my fear of constantly worrying about what others thought of me. But now that I have conquered that fear, it is much easier to go about living the way God intended me to live. 
I can say that I have a lot more peace now, focusing more on what God's opinion of me is rather than others' opinions. I feel like I am closer to God when I don't focus so much on what the world thinks, but more on how God sees me in His eyes. :)


"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." 
Romans 8:14-15


2 Corinthians 5:17-21

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.



"The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me; 
Your love, O LORD, endures forever,
do not abandon the works of Your hands."
Psalm 138:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24