Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Card Making

If you know me, I've always been the "creative" one in my family.  From drawing to photography, playing instruments and singing, crocheting, sewing, making crafts, etc . . . {the list goes on}.  One hobby I really enjoy is making cards.  I have a friend who's mom tends to get me scrapbooking supplies nearly every year for my birthday, so I usually have plenty of supplies on hand.
This week a friend asked me if I'd be willing to make a bunch for her, and I gladly said yes.  I had always thought that I had a decent collection of card making supplies until I saw her enormous collection!  She offered to let me use her supplies (with the exception of a handful of my chosen favorites), and so I got to work.
The supplies were so fun to work with, so I just kept making card-after-card . . .









I particularly enjoyed using her Scripture stamps.




Ribbons are always a favorite. ;-)




"In God we boast all the day long, and praise Thy name for ever."
Psalm 44:8


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards! I especially like the Thank You card with the heart cut-out and the last one (Best wishes).

    Cards are so useful! I used to make some myself from flowers dried from my garden, lace, and ribbons, but lately have been focusing on increasing my card collection with lovely selections from our local thrift store which sells very nice cards (with matching envelopes) for less than a quarter apiece!

    Still, homemade cards have a certain flavorful beauty which can't be matched.

    ReplyDelete

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24